Now that we have presented the 30th edition of Temporada Alta, which will be held from October 8 to December 13, we would like to tell you a few things about this year’s festival. Although the situation has improved compared to last year, although we have had to face difficulties and some uncertainties, even so, we have continued to work on the basis of the programme on our essential axes: a total of 106 shows and 152 performances, including 15 international proposals, 26 productions and co-productions of the festival and 60 Catalan creations with a total of 25 world premieres.
Some keys to this year’s festival:
- We open on October 8 with L’oncle Vània, directed by Oskaras Koršunovas, with a Catalan cast, maintaining our initiative to bring together international and local artists in one project.
- We continue to bet on the country’s productions, with directors and companies such as Xavier Albertí, Clàudia Cedó, Joel Joan, Sílvia Munt, Sergi Belbel, Magda Puyo, Ada Vilaró, Joan Yago, les Impuxibles, Cesc Gay, Jordi Oriol and Glòria Ribera, among others.
- Despite the current circumstances, we also have international names such as Alain Platel, Christiane Jatahy, Guy Cassiers, Victoria Thierré Chaplin, Aurélia Thierrée, Christopher Marthaler, Lisi Estaras and Sergio Blanco, among others.
- We are committed to contemporary creation and, therefore, we have artists such as Angélica Liddell, Àlex Rigola, La Veronal, Macarena Recuerda, Romeo Castellucci, José Antonio Portillo, Agrupación Señor Serrano, Juana Dolores, Frederic Amat, Antes Collado, Moon Ribas, Quim Giron , Lorena Nogal, Mal Pelo, among others. The festival brings back the week dedicated to contemporary creation, which will take place from 18 to 21 November with 11 shows.
- Music is once again one of the important axes of Temporada Alta with artists such as Gilberto Gil, Sílvia Pérez Cruz, Sopa de Cabra, Rigoberta Bandini, Albert Pla, María José Llergo, Ara Malikian and Joan Dausà, among others.
- We also decided to keep the remote programming line that, due to the circumstances, we inaugurated last year. In this edition we will have names like Rodrigo García, Juana Dolores or Lagartijas Tiradas al Sol, plus a wide offer in the catalogue of emblematic shows that have passed through the festival or the possibility of streaming the Dramaturgy Tournament.
- Temporada Alta is a safe festival. For the second year in a row, we have worked hard to ensure the safety distance to the premises, in accordance with current regulations, and to follow all relevant safety measures. In addition, this year, we have created an insurance so that if for justified reasons you can not attend a show, you will be refunded the amount of the ticket. Similarly, you will be refunded in case the show is suspended.
See the full programme at this link.
Here you can consult the presentation video.