The 31st edition of Temporada Alta is coming, which will be held from October 7 to December 12, and we want to explain to you what this year’s festival will essentially consist of through its keys. There will be a total of 107 shows and 193 functions (not counting the A Tempo functions), which include 17 international proposals, 21 festival productions and co-productions and 70 Catalan creations with a total of 22 absolute premieres.
Here we explain the keys to this year’s festival:
- We open on October 7 with L’adversari, directed by Julio Manrique, with Pere Arquillué and Carles Martínez, an adaptation of Emmanuel Carrère’s novel. In this way, we continue to support Catalan drama and creation, providing resources to artists to take their projects forward. To give some examples, this year we can find works by Marta Barceló, Bàrbara Mestanza, Juana Dolores and Josep Julien, as well as artists such as Jordi Casanovas, Xavi Bobés, Jordi Prat i Coll, Clàudia Cedò and Mithistòrima.
- We also have international names on our stages such as Krystian Lupa, Cristiana Morganti, Oskaras Korsunovas, Christiane Jatahy, Pippo Delbono, Romeo Castellucci, Mariano Pensotti or Declan Donellan who will mix with new artists and companies participating for the first time in Temporada Alta such as Piel de Lava , Marina Otero, Cirque Ici or Cirque Rasposo.
- For several years now, Temporada Alta has collaborated in the production of a significant part of the works that premiere in the country. This year, specifically, we are participating in the production or co-production of 21 shows. Among them, we highlight Caridad by Angélica Liddell, Despois do silêncio by Christiane Jatahy, the concert by Ute Lemper and the Gio Symphonia, Confessions de Sant Agustí by Joan Carreras at the Cathedral of Girona, Sondheim x Sondheim by Mario Gas or Flors i viatges from cabosanroque
- Programmers’ Week is back and will be held from November 17 to 20. Thus, we are betting again on contemporary creation, which will be distributed throughout the festival, with artists such as Marcos Morau, Xavier Bobés or Romeo Castellucci, and companies such as cabosanroque, Las Huecas Collective or Conde de Torrefiel.
- In addition, A Tempo, the educational project of the festival and the Invisible City Foundation, will bring 11 stage proposals to 3,000 students from Girona and Salt. And, for the first time, the Temporada Alta audience will be able to contribute to the financing of the activities, which are free for schools.