- This event has passed.
Requiem pour L.
Alain Platel & Fabrizio Cassol - Les Ballets C de la B
Girona, November 16th and 17th
An extraordinary dance and musical performance directed by Alain Platel based on Mozart’s Requiem
Alain Platel and Fabrizio Cassol’s latest joint project is an extraordinary musical melting pot, mixing genres (opera, jazz, African music) with musicians from all over world, to create a new musical universe from Mozart’s Requiem.
- Music: Fabrizio Cassol, from Mozart’s Requiem
- Direction: Alain Platel
- Musical direction: Rodríguez Vangama
- Cast: R. Vangama, B. Mpanya, F. Massamba, R. Thsiebua, N. Mngxekeza, O. Metsileng, S. Diaz/R. Ferreira, J. Barrada, K. Kossakamvwe, N. Heertum, B. Kalanda, E. Ngoya, S. Makengo and M. Sega
- Dramaturgy: Hildegard de Vuyst
- Production: Les ballets C de la B, Festival de Marseille i Berliner Festpiele
- This performance is presented in Pyrenart, project POCTEFA 2014-2020 (Spain – France – Andorra) co-financed by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Performance offered by:
By the same director of: Out of Context – for Pina (TA17), Nicht schlafen (TA16), Coup Fatal (TA14), Gardenia (TA10)
36€ / 25€ / 8€
Duration: 1 h 40 min
Language: Songs in Latin, translations in swahili, kikongo and tshiluba
PREMIERE IN SPAIN
Nov 16th – 45 min before the performance, critics of Recomana will contextualize the show